By 2025, researchers in the field of hypertension estimate that almost a third of adults globally will suffer the symptoms of hypertension. Already, hypertension is a major health problem in the US, affecting one in four adults. Two-thirds of African-Americans need high blood pressure treatment. Hypertension causes heart failure, heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, and even death. The need of hypertension treatment is therefore of vital importance. But what works? And how can we reduce symptoms of hypertension?
DASH for hypertension studies show that DASH "diet is consistently effective as hypertension treatment. DASH" Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension represents. "DASH is such an effective treatment for hypertension, which compares favorably to medication, especially in patients displaying symptoms of stage I hypertension. Continued compliance with the DASH as a treatment for hypertension means can potentially avoid prescription drug treatment and medical and typical side effects of traditional treatment of hypertension. Ask your doctor.
DASH as a treatment of hypertension is an eating plan low in saturated fat, total fat, and cholesterol DASH diet is based on 2,000 calories a day highlighting :.
– fruits (4-5 servings / day)
– vegetables (4 -5 servings / day)
– not fat / low-fat dairy (2-3 servings / day)
– cereals , whole grain bread / crackers (7-8 servings / day)
– meat, fish, poultry (2 or less / day)
– vegetables, seeds, nuts (4-5 servings / week)
– less fat / oil (2-3 servings / day)
less red meat – less sweet snacks / beverages (5 servings or less / week) – less sugar snacks / beverages (5 servings or less / week)
DASH can prevent the need for blood pressure treatment to those who do not yet suffer from hypertension. Factors
Risk of heart disease, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking and diabetes also increases the risk of dementia in the elderly, and perhaps development of Alzheimer's. This makes the treatment of hypertension and more imperative.
Supplements for high blood pressure symptoms
Certain nutrients are associated with reduced symptoms of hypertension, including potassium, calcium, magnesium and fiber, as well as herbs such as garlic, hawthorn and reishi.
Other treatments besides hypertension DASH and supplementation, treatment of hypertension can include:
– salt May (1500 milligrams per day)
– Weight loss if overweight (even losing 10 pounds is a natural treatment of hypertension )
– Decreased daily alcohol intake (one ounce and two ounces for women (for men)
– daily physical activity (30-40 minutes moderate activity like fast walking)
– quit smoking (this will reduce the chances of a stroke or heart. Stress management techniques such as biofeedback, hypnosis or relaxation tapes, yoga / meditation, and acupuncture
These changes may not be sufficient treatment of hypertension, in which case you'll need drugs, if you keep up the DASH – diet and other
.. Suggestions for natural treatment of hypertension, it may help drugs work more effectively so you're able to take a lower dose under medical supervision.
Hypertensive patients of all ages anyone hypertension receive treatment live longer, healthier lives. Listening to advice may not be enough to make these lifestyle changes on their own. For example, a commitment to daily exercise is easier with a walking partner. Start with these tips and you're well on your way to an effective treatment of high blood pressure.
Category: Healthcare Basics